THIS SURGERY WANTS TO SUPPORT CARERS
Wakefield & District Carers Service is offering remote information, advice and support for unpaid carers by telephone and are offering some virtual groups.
They are now offering “garden” visits and meeting carer’s in Café’s and other safe spaces observing the current social distancing rules.
Wakefield & District Carers Service can offer the following support:
• Listen and talk things over to help cares make decisions and choices
• Give advice and information about services/support available
• Provide benefits guidance and support
• Support for meetings that are relevant to the caring role
• Support with thinking about the future and contingency planning
• Advice about carer support groups
They also offer regular phone calls, emails and conference calls to keep people connected.
Many carers are feeling isolated, so they have also extended their telephone befriending support.
If you would like your GP to know you are a carer please complete the form
and hand it in at reception. A Support Worker from Carers Wakefield will then contact you.
There are several Carers’ Groups in the area:
Carers Information & Advice Drop-in
11.30am to 1.30pm at Hemsworth Library (the second Friday of each month)
The 1st Thursday Club
1-3pm at South Elmsall Town Council Social Centre, Westfield Lane
For more details ring 01924 305544.
Follow the link for the latest newsletter CWD News-sheet Autumn 2020.
You can also find more information on the following websites;